Monday, September 12, 2011

Escapee in the East Wing

Well.. it was a nice interesting night last night up in the E-Wing of the UVRMC.  I feel so bad for the patients who get confused and don't quite understand what is going on. My new neighbor didn't understand why she was in the hospital and DID NOT want to have oxygen on.  She pulled her oxygen mask off at least 4 different times in the middle of the night. The alarms all went off each time because her oxygen levels weren't high enough for her to continue breathing.  I feel bad for those people who just don't understand.  They had to eventually tie her arms to her bed so that she would not be in danger of removing her mask and passing away overnight due to lack of oxygen.  Needless to say, it was an interesting night in the E-Wing, lots of yelling, sedation and confusion. Luckily, I was able to still get a few hours of sleep.

Don't worry I'll keep you updated as more excitement and fun goes down I'm sure we haven't seen the end of it.

No comments: