Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Emotional Reunions and Goodbyes

This summer has spoiled me rotten. I've had friends come to Utah from just about everywhere and most have stopped in to say hi. I've had family come and stay, and I've become reunited with adult leaders from the past and been able share experiences and life stories with them as we got reaquainted for a short time.

Because pictures often speak louder than words, and this may be the last time I will see some of these people for years, I decided to just not get all cry-y and weird on here and just put some pictures up instead.  Prepare for the bombardment.
Sisters Winder, Eustler and Mullis (Jasper Ward) 

Also, this summer, as mentioned in a previous post, my cousin Josh came and stayed with me for a few days.  One of my AMAZING friends from home, Kaity Kirby, was also able to make an appearance. While her and an Australian mission companion traveled through the western states.

Kaity was able to go on a vacation with my family to Nauvoo, IL in High School with Kevin and some of his friends, at which time we became even closer than we previously were. She is an amazing example of strength and courage and I'm so glad I got the chance to visit with her for a while. 

Also, it was pretty great to have a native Kentuckian and Native Australian accent in our house at the same time. 

And lastly, for now, I was able to go to Provo last Sunday and see the Bishopric and some of the ward who literally held my hand through the most scary and difficult time of my life, get released. While this wasn't the last time I'll see them, (especially since some of them are still serving in Provo), they made such an impact on my life that it was quite an emotional Sacrament Meeting. More than one spoke over the pulpit about experiences that I personally had in that ward and how the ward banded together to help me. 

Seeing that Bishopric released almost made me feel like I was leaving home again. 



This is my final thank you to all of those people in my life who have had such a positive impact on me and made such a difference in my life. Who, of course, I can't even come close to listing individually. Thanks for letting me share my stories and for letting me be a part of yours.  God be with y'all till we meet again.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you for sharing. It has been a good summer for you1