Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Why Do I Diet? and Other Hard Questions

Recently, I've been trying to eat better & exercise more.. all to drop a few pounds. I drink lots and lots of water everyday, eat lots of salads, not a TON of carbs or sugar.I'm spending all my free time with fruits and veggies and let me tell you, the chocolate is getting pretty jealous.  I've even been running a few times lately, and heaven knows I sweat off a pound a day in this 104 degree weather, so what's the deal!? I lose like a pound every 6 weeks.

I tell myself, maybe if I did this, or this, or even this it would work. False. Don't dare to dream, those dreams will just be shattered and crushed by the powers that be.

All kidding aside though, I feel like there are things to be learned from the dieting and healthy eating experience.  Let's make a list, shall we?

1. You can't just eat healthy, you have to live a healthy, active lifestyle. Ah ha moment anyone? No? Just me? Alright.

2. Even though dreams may be crushed, goals don't have to be. SET REALISTIC GOALS! Instead of saying.. I want to lose 50 lbs by Christmas, say I want to lose 8 lbs this month.

3. To reach goals you have to be dedicated. As "they" say, it takes 30 days to make a habit and only 1 to break it. So, use sticky notes, a chalkboard, an actual paper calendar (Yes, they still exist!), or maybe try a paper chain to build and keep your healthy habits.

4. Have a good attitude! When you are happy it is easier to get things done. Try it, I dare you!

5. Eating healthy makes you feel great! Maybe this one applies to me more than anyone, but healthy eating has literally helped to heal my body. I won't go into the whole Lupus thing cause you've heard it a million times, but there is healing in eating natural foods put on the earth literally by God.

So, now that I've taken a flying leap off of my soapbox, let's get down to business.

I'm running the Color Me Rad 5k in September, it will be my second "race" ever, and also my second one this year, both "fun runs", yipee! Also, on semi-related side note, I may or may not have gotten new shoes that I love!  Okay, so I went a little crazy during shoe sales actually. I'm sorry. Three pay checks in a month is a happy thing. I should be paying my car off, I know, I know!




You guys have to remember that heels are a big step for me, no pun intended! I have so much more to tell my readership of 2, but I guess it will have to wait for now, because I'm too busy playing that stupid Candy Crush game to finish this post.. but really. Ok, so not entirely true, I'm also drifting to sleep. Signing off...

Heidi


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the update. I love you.

lizharmon said...

oh my heck I just had to laugh when I read this because we really are the same person! all those things you mentioned are things I've learned within the past month, and I've also been trying so hard to lose weight with hardly any results. love the shoes, too :)