Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Be Careful What you Wish For

I have learned a very important lesson in the past few years about answers to prayers and how sometimes what I think I want and need, but then realize I was completely happy with my situation before. I know it sounds complicated, but don't write me off yet.  For example, all during High School I had extremely thick hair, that was hard to take care of or do a whole lot with.  I always wanted and prayed for a little bit thinner hair. I know its stupid, but its one of those things where everyone always wants what they can't have right? Well, unfortunately, I got my wish. Here, is a list of quite possibly the stupidest things I wished and prayed for, and got in the funniest/worst way possible.

I wished for thinner hair: now like half of my hair falls out because I'm on medication.
I wished I could be a little skinnier, over Christmas break I was so sick I lost 40 lbs. This should teach me my lesson right?
I wished that I could take a semester off of school and relax.. well.. I did.. even though it wasn't exactly completely relaxing.
I wanted to be closer to Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ so they brought me to my knees in the most unexpected way.
I had a lovely long list of awesome things that I thought would be so great for me, and turned out, God made me perfect the way I was to begin with. I can't remember what else I wished for that, now I realize were trivial and maybe a little petty.

Well enough of my pity party, I just thought I'd share with everyone that God made us how we are because that is exactly how we are supposed to be in this life, and even when things happen, he doesn't stop loving us. That's why I have what I have, I wasn't paying as much attention to him as I should have been, so He reminded me.

No comments: